Thursday, February 9, 2017

KG Literacy Dialogue - Please Join Us!

Dear Parents,

Just before the winter holiday I sent out a survey to gauge interest in a time for parents and teacher(s) to dialogue about literacy. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey; I value your feedback. I have taken that feedback and am now ready to meet your needs and interests the best I can.

I shared this idea with the other kindergarten teachers and they are very interested in joining in the session. In looking at the times you shared that might work with your schedules, the majority of responders listed that the morning works best. We have therefore scheduled this session for next Thursday, February 16 from 8:00 to 8:45. The session is open to all parents of kindergarten students, so please spread the word! This will not be a presentation, but rather a more intimate setting in which we can dialogue, answer questions and discuss how we all can work together to help 'our' children develop as readers and writers.

Our dialogue is scheduled to happen in the ES Library, however, we want to ensure this space is large enough, so please do let me know if you are planning to attend so that we can get a rough estimate.

Thank you again for your interest and I look forward to seeing you next Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment